15 декабря 2007 г.

The Golden Compass

I could not wait to watch The Golden Compassa screen version of the first book (elsewhere named Northern Lights) from Philip Pullman's trilogy His Dark Materials. Now, after finally seeing it in the movies, I want to buy the whole book set as, to my mind, all the events in the movie happen too quick. Or, I should have not read the plot in the Wikipedia...





The official site of the film has not only the trailer, but also presents us with first five minutes of the feature movie (after watching them, I've made my mind to see the whole thing in Chase Park Plaza Cinemas on my first Winter Break day).



The site (made with flash) features not only heroes' descriptions and plot, but also has an online version of the alethiometer. It also hides additional wallpapers, which I haven't yet got (they will be seen, when you put all the arrows in certain locations).

I also took the test to determine my own daemon (a mystical creature, that performs the role of the soul in Lyra's world and appears as an animal, accompanying a person). To my wonder, the test revealed my character's features correctly.


More about the movie you can learn at its blog.

Upon returning home, I began to search for Pullman's fiction at Amazon.com, and also found many related multimedia that had in my opinion nothing to do with the New Line Cinema's production. If you want to buy all the items associated with His Dark Materials, it would cost too much. I'd better wait for DVD to see the real extras. And the actual novellas (the paperback is cheaper, and I don't see the reasons to spend money on hardcover) will be the one of my purchases at the beginning of the next year.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий