30 декабря 2007 г.

Britannica is Now Free for Bloggers

Today I've received a new issue of the daily calendar in English and noticed a new feature of its links to Encyclopaedia Britannica Online were different - they linked to the full versions of the articles. Now every article in Britannica has the Share Full Article link, and people can view enhanced content by following those links. placed in blogs or somewhere else, without buying any Premium access.

I wonder what made Britannica to allow links for full articles? The have less subscribers? They want to draw more people? Or they are afraid of Wikipedia? The articles in Wikipedia are up to date, include all the topics you can imagine on every language. I am planning to contribute to it, when I have a spare time (especially to movies' articles, with all my DVDs and access to scholar databases through UMSL). But when I write a research paper, the Britannica is a more authoritative source, than Wikipedia. And I would use either its paper variant in the library or online resources. So wait for posts, which will allow me (and all the readers) to use all the Britannica texts via my own blog.

I suggest you seeing the full article about Christmas in Britannica. It's just high time to learn more about this holiday, just passed for Catholics and still coming to my native Ukraine where the Eastern Orthodox church celebrates it on January 7th (update: it's still invisible to me, even if I test the link on a remote machine after signing out from my Google account).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий